E4E-Boston Presents: The 2022 Massachusetts
Teacher Leadership Seminar
Educators for Excellence Boston (E4E-Boston) is proud to announce the launch of its inaugural Massachusetts Teacher Leadership Seminar. From March 5-6, 2022, a cohort of public educators from across the state of Massachusetts will come together to learn crucial skills around leadership, organizing, advocacy, and influencing decision makers. With the help of E4E staff, the cohort will spend the weekend learning best practices and developing plans for action. Educators who complete the seminar will be invited to join action teams around inclusive curriculum or student literacy.
We invite all interested educators to take a look at the information below, and if this sounds like a good fit for you, apply using the button at the bottom of this page.
What is the Massachusetts Teacher Leadership Fellowship?
A group of educators will receive training and support to become policy influencers in Massachusetts who fight for better outcomes for their students and their colleagues
The cohort will convene March 5-6, 2022
- Attend either virtually or in person at E4E-Boston’s office (121 East Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02118)
- Two 8-hour sessions: Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Sunday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Following completion of seminar you will receive fast-tracked acceptance to join our educator action teams on either inclusive curriculum or student literacy, or receive access to an E4E-Boston staff member to develop your own campaign
- Completely cost-free!
- Learn about how to:
- Run for elected or appointed leadership
- Move decision-makers to support policies you care about
- Develop a cohesive identity in the Massachusetts education policy landscape
- Research and draft concrete policy solutions
What are the Requirements to Apply?
A current pre-K-12 educator, paraprofessional, school counselor, or other student-facing role in a public school in Massachusetts
Interested in Massachusetts education policy and willing to put in time and effort to engage in campaigns to create progressive change within a school or district
- Has past leadership experience and ability to work with colleagues to achieve a goal
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Able to attend 2 day weekend in (March 5-6, 2022) either in person or virtually (exact date based on applicants’ availability, will be announced in December when offers are made)
I’m Interested, What’s Next?
Fill out an application by January 21, 2022! You can access the application below: