The Leadership for Equity in Action Pipeline (LEAP) Program is a free, selective leadership development program aimed at equipping educators with the knowledge, skills, and mindsets to serve in elected or appointed office. As part of LEAP, you will have access to:
- A network of 15-20 fellow educators from across the metro area who are all committed to serving in higher levels of educational leadership
- An all costs paid offsite retreat with your fellow cohort members to explore your personal values, discuss your professional goals, and build relationships
- Five training days on topics including: building diverse and inclusive coalitions, messaging your campaign, fundraising, social media, understanding the education landscape, and challenging oppressive moments
- Mentorship from elected and appointed leaders in the metro area
- Personalized coaching and supports from organizers during the program and after
Who should apply?
This program is designed for current educators (teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators) who are interested in exploring the possibility of running for elected or appointed leadership positions in the future, possibly including: union leadership, school board, state representative, Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board, etc.
This is an early stage candidate cultivation program. You do not need to be a current candidate or even have identified a specific position for which you intend to run. We strongly encourage people of color and women to apply for this program, even if you are unsure about when in the future you may want to run for a leadership position.
Apply here by September 20th.
Join us for a LEAP meet and greet!
Join us for a LEAP meet & greet!
Thursday, September 12
Network with friends, reunite with last year's fellows, and learn more about the LEAP program!
Learn more about E4E-MN’s Leadership for Equity in Action Pipeline