America’s history of racism and oppression has led to inequities across sectors of society, including education, leaving millions of students— including an overwhelming number of students of color and low-income students—unprepared for college, career, and life. While research shows that classroom teachers are the single most important in-school factor in improving student achievement, their diverse voices are consistently left out of education policy decisions. For far too long, teachers have been treated as subjects of change rather than as agents of change.
Founded by public school teachers, Educators for Excellence is a growing movement of 35,000 educators, united around a common set of values and principles for improving student learning and elevating the teaching profession. We work together to identify issues that impact our schools, create solutions to these challenges, and advocate for policies and programs that give all students access to a quality education.
What We Do
Our Theory of Change is grounded in two long-term goals that are inextricably linked: better outcomes for our students and the elevation of the quality and prestige of the teaching profession. We achieve these goals by changing policy at the district, state, and federal levels and transforming our teachers’ union to be more student-focused, democratic, diverse, and anti-racist. United around our Declaration of Teachers’ Principles and Beliefs, we are building a powerful movement to lead this change by:
- Organizing educators who share a common vision of equity and excellence in schools,
- Training and supporting teacher leadership, and
- Advocating for teacher-led recommendations at all levels of government, within teachers’ unions, and in the public conversation around education.
Educators for Excellence envisions an equitable and excellent education system that provides all students the opportunity to succeed and elevates the teaching profession.
We seek a Digital Productions Manager who is excited to join a fast-paced, data-driven External Affairs team charged with supporting chapters on national and chapter campaigns that are aimed at developing teacher-led local and federal policy solutions that build equitable schools to learn and strengthen the teaching profession. The Digital Productions Manager will support the Digital and Communications teams in managing the following buckets of work: our email program, advertising strategy, website strategy, development and maintenance, vendor management, and reporting on digital analytics pertaining to our website and email and advertising programs.
The ideal candidate loves collaborating with teams to create, manage, and maintain systems that track, streamline, and complete projects on time and on budget; is furiously detail-oriented, and enjoys analyzing data to determine causes and solutions to challenging projects.
The ideal candidate is a data-driven, results-oriented, digital aficionado who enjoys working across teams to develop creative, purposeful email content and loves digging through data to optimize campaign results. This person is passionate about politics and excited about working on campaigns that effect change on a local and national scale, and recognizes the potential impact digital technology has to be a critical lever for change in the broader movement towards educational equity.
Strategize and revamp E4E’s email program
- In collaboration with the director of digital advocacy, revamp E4E’s email program by creating and executing an organization-wide email communication, audience-segmentation and email engagement strategy
- Continually explore new opportunities to strengthen and expand E4E’s email program, including conducting an email and advocacy program vendor search that integrates with E4E’s CRM system
- Oversee new membership email engagement strategy from list building efforts
- Provide key analysis of data to inform digital strategy
- Coach chapter and national teams on best practices regarding email strategy, audience segmentation and content development
- Increase open rate, click-through rate and number of advocacy actions nationally and locally
- Coordinate and maintain email calendar to include chapter, national email sends, including but not limited to: national newsletters, membership communications, advocacy asks, fundraising etc.
- Build and A/B test all mass email campaigns
- Collaborate with the data team on audience segmentation projects, data cleaning initiatives and CRM integrations
Lead website strategy, maintenance and development
- Coach chapter and national teams on best practices regarding website content strategy
- Lead search engine optimization strategy; optimize Google Analytics tracking and reporting
- Manage website development projects and relationship with E4E’s external vendor, including a website redesign project in partnership with the director of digital advocacy and organizing
- Collaborate with the Digital Content Associate to keep E4E website content up to date and action-oriented and visually appealing; build all corresponding web pages and blog posts with user experience in mind
Oversee digital advertising strategy across platforms
- In collaboration with the director of digital advocacy and organizing, strategize and execute digital advertising efforts, supporting E4E's national and chapter work on Facebook, Instagram, Google Display, Google AdWords to support list acquisition and membership engagement
- Manage and optimize Google AdWords grant performance
Manage vendor relationships and digital team budget
- Manage relationships with existing consultants and vendors, providing the best possible support for E4E's work;
- Identify and evaluate consultants and vendors to fulfill specific needs as they arise, negotiating contracts and terms;
- Manage digital program budget, including website maintenance and development, digital advertising, consultants, vendors, photography, and technology.
Track, analyze, and share relevant data with national and local teams:
- Create reports that capture results around E4E’s digital program (email, website, and social media) in collaboration with digital content associate and the Data Team
- Respond to or troubleshoot questions around external affairs reporting
- Build relevant reports and dashboard that helps measure and track E4E’s progress of engaging membership and supporters online on our national or chapter campaigns
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 4-6 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in a digital and/or production role
- Previous experience managing email campaigns
- Experience working with digital ad campaigns on Facebook/Instagram and Google
- Be proficient in most of the following platforms: Google Mail, Calendar, and Docs/Drive; Box; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with Drupal and/or WordPress
- Experience using Salsa Labs or other email marketing tools
- Experience managing website development projects with external vendors
- Keen attention to detail, a solutions-oriented approach to solving problems, and a positive outlook when faced with challenges
- Exceptional organization skills, high level of efficiency, and ability to manage operations and multiple projects at one time with precision
- Discretion, judgment, and flexibility about overall priorities, day-to-day tasks, and sensitive conversations
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated and committed to producing high-quality work products and outcomes
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, with a record of results in meeting deadlines on time
- Some experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM program
- Intermediate HTML coding background
Moreover, all E4E staff must demonstrate our Core Values:
- Respect and Professionalism: We act with personal responsibility, respect, and commitment to high quality work, to our organization and to each other
- Solutions Orientation: We consistently approach even the most complex challenges with positivity, proactive solutions, and the assumption of best intentions
- Growth Mindset: We intentionally create opportunities to develop ourselves and others in order to learn and continuously improve
- Dynamic Leadership: We courageously take ownership, empower others, set bold visions, think strategically, and adapt to change
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: Educational inequity is linked to race, power, and privilege, and so we take action to shift this paradigm by reflecting on our own identities, creating an inclusive and diverse community, and leveraging our differences as strengths
Educators for Excellence believes in providing employees with benefits to support self-care, wellness, and financial stability. We value the whole person and provide benefits such as; paid time off, health insurance plans, competitive salaries that include pre-tax benefits, and cell phone reimbursements. See more information about our benefits here.
Please submit your application by May 23rd. Applications can be addressed to Evan Stone, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, and should include a resume and cover letter. Please ensure that all materials address relevant experience and your understanding of how this position connects to the overall mission of E4E.
Educators for Excellence is an equal opportunity employer. We predominantly partner with low-income communities of color. Therefore, though race and other identity markers are never used to make final hiring decisions, we place a particular focus on recruiting staff members who share the backgrounds of the communities we serve.